2019 OYW Composition Competition
2019 Oklahoma Youth Winds
The Oklahoma Youth Winds is comprised of many of the most talented and dedicated wind, brass, and percussion students in the state of Oklahoma. The group has received numerous distinctions for their superior level of performance, including their most recent accolade as the choice Community Ensemble at the 2017 Oklahoma Music Educators Association Convention. The group’s primary conductor is Dr. Matthew Mailman, and he is assisted by Ms. Sarah Neely.
- $100 prize
- Premier performance by Oklahoma Youth Winds in Spring 2019
- Recording of live performance
Deadline for Entries
- Submitted by December 10, 2018
- NEW THIS YEAR: No entry fees, still no limit to number of entries
- One (1) composition per entry
- Composition must be written for wind ensemble at a Grade 4 level
- Composition must be unpublished, unawarded, and have never been publicly performed nor professionally recorded for commercial release
- Composer must submit a PDF of the score as well as a MIDI or live recording for each entry.
- Incomplete submissions will not be accepted
- The decisions of the jury are final
How to Enter (all steps must be completed for each entry):
- Complete the entry form online
- Submit your composition and midi/recording using the built in upload mechanism.
This year’s competition has closed. Check back here next year for information about the 2020 competition.